Friday, March 4, 2011

Care for a cup of coffee?


There's nothing like a cup of French pressed coffee to get me going, so that's what I painted! My color palette consists of a gray-blue, soft and dark browns, with grays and a bit of black. I wanted to choose colors from my kitchen.

The canvas is 10" x 20", and I layered almost transparent acrylic paints on top of each other in order to build up the desired look. In a way, it was like painting with watercolors. I'm especially liking the shiny chrome. I think it makes a nice contrast with the textured background.

If you look closely on the lid of the press, you will see my dining room, which is where the coffee press was sitting when I sketched it. I sketched it in pencil directly on my canvas, and then just painted over it. Here's a close-up of the lid.

Thank you for coming to my site! Now go and enjoy that cup of coffee!







1 comment:

  1. Sorry about not being able to zoom in on the close-up. It seems I can only have one "zoomable" photo per posting.

    ReplyDelete