Friday, February 14, 2014

Imaginary Place

Another finished painting! Yay!

Sometimes artists paint what they want, not what they see, and that's exactly what I've done here.
We are still in Salt Lake City, fighting the side effects of chemo, feeling tied to our oncology team and the cancer institute. I am struggling with cabin fever as well, and winter keeps dragging on, with California becoming an even more distant memory.
Fighting these emotional struggles is nothing compared to what my husband is going through, but I found comfort in painting an imaginary place where I want to be. And, as much as my husband and I disagree on so many things, he says he, too, wants to be in this imaginary place!
While I fine tune this 4 ft. X 2 ft. canvas, it hangs up in our living room, right across from Bob's chair. Sometimes I catch him staring off into this painting. He seems to be calmer, and I see him smile. That is why I paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment