Saturday, February 1, 2014

Huge painting! At least for me....

Two feet x 4 feet canvas!
Huge, in many aspects!
The canvas size is 2 feet x 4 feet. Much bigger than the inspiration piece I did previously.
And, the purpose of doing this painting was huge! Painting it was therapy for me to get through the most difficult time of my life. As many of you know, my husband was diagnosed with cancer last summer, stage 4. It was a very rough journey, not knowing if everything we were going through was going to make a difference. Whether it would save his life, or just make it worse.
During our journey, I did this painting to help me through the chemotherapy treatments and all the side effects, the ER trips, the hospital stays, etc.
I wanted to develop this painting from my earlier one, but somehow it changed. The door became a window, the jar became more fancy, the ferns went away, and the lavender grew much more prominent. (I suppose because I used a lot of lavender essential oil for calming myself at times of high stress.) After painting the window, the shutters appeared...I think because I wanted control of my situation. But look how open the window is! and there is the sun, waiting to come into my life! My life is still dark, as my husband has a long road of recuperation ahead of him. I will be by his side, helping him get through this, because he is a part of me. We are like one...  That is love. On January 28, 2014, we found out he is cancer-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment