Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's done!

My painting, Asparagus Fern, is finished! Well, I don't have it framed yet, but it's off the board, and in its protective plastic sleeve. This would be called a still life, even though it is an outdoor subject. I really liked painting both the ironwork and the fern. As for the number of hours it took to paint, I can't really say. I've been busy framing other art (wish I could afford to just send off to be framed!), so it wasn't a matter of painting it and doing nothing else.
I think the colors of the greens are relaxing and soothing, with the feeling of youth, or new life. The ironwork is in contradiction with the fern, with its aging, rusty finish, but with strength and grace. And the background is painted in a parchment-style finish.
Anyways, I think the whole painting is pretty, giving a certain degree of artistic interpretation.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment